If you’ve been off sick for more than 7 days
To request a sick note:
- fill in an online form to request a sick note
- fill out a sick note request form on this website
- use your NHS account (on the NHS website or in the NHS App)
- email the practice on firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone or visit the surgery from 11am to 4pm.
If you’ve been off sick for 7 days or less
If you’re off work sick for 7 days or less, your employer should not ask for medical evidence that you’ve been ill. Instead, they can ask you to confirm that you’ve been ill. You can do this by filling in a form yourself when you return to work. We call this self-certification.
Find out more about sick notes on the NHS website.